

QUARTZ HILL AYSO, REGION 638

BOARD MEETING MINUTES

SEPTEMBER 2022

AYSO | BOARD MEETING MINUTES | SEPTEMBER 8, 2022



Meeting called to order at 7:08pm by Eric Dilger

Approved minutes from August: Doug 1st, Nelson? 2nd and all were in favor.

RC REPORT:

Eric: I'll start at top: There has been a little issue, challenge with staffing with chase bank out here, I got national office involved. One of the things we'll need to do is a voting forum for 5 signers.

Rocky Kovar: Area Director

Eric Dilger: Regional Commissioner

Corey Kimura: Regional Treasurer

Jill Gousman: Tournament Treasurer

Angela Meyers: Assistant Regional Commissioner

Eric: When we have enough voters here, we'll come back to this subject. We'll put in an approval in the minutes. I have national office and Chase Account Manager for AYSO now involved in this mess in not having enough business bankers in the AV. Still pending Dallas to be removed and add Corey and Angela. When we were at Cal Bank and Trust Jon was a signer, when we moved to Chase, we did not get that done.

Eric: Any questions? None

Eric: Final transactions, Corey can't do checks and deposits yet. He can do most online banking. One last little piece.

Eric: I talked about 7 months ago. I am in my last year of Commissioner. There are certain requirements for Commissioner elections, one of those is a 6-month posting. Then voting, and a point of contact for anyone interested in being next Commissioner and setting an election date. I will not do it this week because of rain and games coming. Probably Monday or Tuesday I'll send out an honor page, to all region, making the announcement on Thursday March 2nd we will be doing an election for Regional Commissioner. My official date goes through March 31st. We do have to have executive coverage on the region. Hopefully we can get someone.

Eric: Questions? None

Eric: I would like if someone here were interested in being point of contact to collect names, they would take names and take it to the region. I was thinking Josh if you don't mind doing that. It really is low weight. They would this person instead of myself (Eric). We would get them queued up on what it takes and all that.

Josh: I will send you an email address, they can send their inquiries to.

Eric: Perfect, thank you.

Josh: You're welcome.

Eric: Any questions on that? None

Eric: So, as I said all along, I am going to step down. I will still help the region. It will be in a background environment and supporting environment.

AREA:

Eric: We had 2 weekends of Area/Upper Division play went fairly well. We did have some poor behavior (arguing and cursing at refs) on 16U, but it is being dealt with. No one got kicked out, but we miss an opportunity to protect our referees and kids from this type of behavior. Everything went well. Next Area Meeting – October. We'll talk about regional play offs. We are in pretty good shape, 1300/1350 kids. Will be ready to go. We are helping out with upper division and inner region play for the westside regions. Later Mel when we get to VIP tournament, I have a bullet point that is currently on section schedule for November. Any ideas to prep for, or ideas. That is pretty much for Area. Everything is going pretty well. One thing Area is going to have to deal with is Corey and I dealing with financial change again.

Eric: We have 2 National Games, section 11 sounds like they are having challenges, so they are behind schedule. No changes for us. If we have opportunities for our kids to play in that weeklong tournament, we will.

Eric @ Mel- VIP Program not sure if you have heard any more information let me know and visa versa. Some of our families might want to participate because it is in So Cal.

Eric: Anyone jump in to stop me so we don't go to long tonight, because I can keep going.

UPPER DIVISION:

Eric: Area schedule is a little bit goofy this year, trying to make sense for everyone, and limited resources. All QH games got 4 games so far. We are trying to schedule players as many as games we can in 2 months as possible. Borrowing a rainout, our Teams and Lancaster's 19U co-ed and Palmdale 16U co-ed will be playing with QH teams at JW. Working with Tawnya at Tricon, we will have some days where east teams will travel west and vice versa and get 2 games. We should get a good number of games in.

Sunday, September 18th all upper division teams will be traveling to Hesperia Phelan. The plan is to get all of them 2 games. There are 3 different size fields total. We should be able to get a good number of games in.

Sunday, September 25th, Referee instructor group wisely asked for a bye weekend for the very large coach instructor course. There is 1 extra game on our side and 1 extra game on Hesperia's sides.

Sunday, October 2nd we will post games, I am trying to confirm that with Palmdale they will host that at Paloma Vista, back up would be we can do it at GA and JW. Team from Eastside in.

Sunday, October 9th some teams might travel from each side.

Sunday, October 16th will all be local again. QH final for 16U boys and girls

Sunday, October 23rd and 30th Area Play Offs

Veteran's Day weekend will be Section Finals in Bakersfield

Eric: Ryan's 19U team has gotten big and can play 11 games. Tricon same thing. Almost the same thing, our side we have: 11 Boys, 13 Girls, they have 11 Girls and 13 Boys. We set up the schedule where 1st game of the day is the co-ed squads, then girls' game, and boys' game. I'll get Ryan's input on the girls' team, or boys' team, or co-ed, etc. We will work with Ryan and what is best for his players and what they want to do and best experience for them.

Eric: Any questions on Upper Division stuff? None

Eric: I know we will be asking, I talked to Jeremy on Area ARA on travel weekends, promote with referees will car-pool and get on the road for these games. We will ask side referees to come out and support.

INNER REGION PLAY:

Eric: On the Westside between Rosamond, Lancaster and Palmdale has slowed down the process. We ended up with nice amount of teams in the divisions. It has been a bit of a headache. The first 2 weeks we got out. We are working on weeks 3-10, hoping to get it published on the site soon. If we get a rain out, I can make a huge jump on Saturday. The one thing that was brought up, and Mel brought it up too. when Area RC's got together every region is going to review their game cards and review their rules. Ref. can advise but do not tell the coach what to do. We need to find a better way to word this. It is all one team, we want to help not tell them they can and can not do something. Each RC will review the game cards. Someone else has a very stick $\frac{3}{4}$ rule in Lancaster. Lisa through coach admin group- when our team travel they still need to follow our rules. We will communicate and deal with it. We will work with our coaches. There might be some confusion.

Eric: Any questions on that? None

Eric: Maybe we can put something out, I can help with that message. @ Doug maybe you can give them some guidance, Lisa can give some guidance to the coaches. We'll deal with it case by case.

Doug: yeah, I will put something together.

Eric: I apologize about the confusion with SoCal, Club group Zero-tolerance police. I thought it was very aggressive and interesting. I did not mean it as let's do this in QH.

Eric: I do want to talk about tonight is and maybe open it up a little bit, but I am not sure if anyone has had any time to read through our policy. But we had some incidents last year with Youth Referee's and Referee's being cursed at, parents videoing them, following them, demanding information. It put them in a dangerous situation, we need to stop the match. We cannot put them in a dangerous situation. I got more complaints, more concerns from that incident of the parents on the other team why are adults cursing at teenagers. I did talk to Angela a little about this. Doug I know we talked tonight about this. We want to encourage protection for our volunteers, kids, and referees. We can terminate the match if it

escalates- referees can pick up the ball and stop it. Find a board member. We had our own bad behavior also. We had problems with our own teams when they traveled. READ #4- Any coach/spectator who is heard verbally abusing a referee will automatically be expelled by the referee (if an adult) or a board member (in the case of a youth referee). We don't do that. We do our discussions and let it go. Which tends to get uglier. We want to keep the kids in the game, and keep family environment going, but if it becomes abusive, we need to stop this match. Or get some more people involved to cool down. I have always wanted to touch it up, but we can discuss that later on a slack channel.

Josh: @ Eric: would that be maybe a good thing to have in our bags? If there are issues, maybe a board member can hand it to the coach, just wanted to remind you of the zero-tolerance policy? It is good to have it in writing. Spectators do not go to class, so maybe they do not know.

Eric: On our site, there is a specific coach code of conduct and parent code of conduct. Part of this is education. We want the parents to stay at the game, we want the kids to stay and coaches. We want everyone to have a good time. I like the idea of coming back to reference this. I think what we need to do with Lisa, if a coach has a challenge, we need to have them review this, sign it and turn it back in. If they have to do it every week before they can coach again, we can handle it a little differently than that.

Eric: Any topics or thoughts on keeping the games friendly?

Nelson: I want to push back a little on parent side. When they do the registration they should be reading the parent policy right? Isn't that part of the registration?

Josh: Yes, but there are other people than the parents, grandparents, friends, etc. We are trying to protect the youth.

Kajsa: But at the same time Nelson, let's be real, nobody is reading that. They are clicking it and signing their name. No one is reading pages and pages.

Eric: There is a lot of leeway in this. They are still expected.

Kajsa: They definitely should know better, but no one is reading all those things.

Eric: If there is an incident we can have them go through these things and read and sign everything again. In the past, when a whole sideline is bad, they all have to do this until a team can play again. We have to think about the whole program. How I might handle an argument verse how Mel would handle an argumentative coach might be different. There is a lot of hearsay, but nothing gets reported. We need to report. The game cards have no notes on it, then it gets blown out of proportions, where we could have nipped it in the butt.

Mike: I think it's the willingness of people to say something. I know as a coach, I try to control my parents and have them let me know. Build up the Ref's. have them give out yellow cards. See something, say something. Let parents know they can send something to this email address. Same with the Referees. We need to put that out there, if someone is being an Adam Henry.

Eric: Referees have the support. We need to actively support them. You can pick up the ball, take in some deep breaths, wait for board member to come over. Then restart the game back up. Make sure the Refs know they have support.

Doug: We should blow it up and put it on a big banner hang it by the fence. lol

Eric: Just come out in cheer

Mike: I fail at silence Saturday's

Eric: I don't want to punish everyone. Does anyone else have a take on this?

Doug: I know I am going to get to my update, but we had Referee refresher a couple weeks ago, and had a couple people there and this kind of stuff came up. I will send out a reminder to them, to let them know they are not alone.

Mel: You guys may have had a refresher, same refresher for over 10 years, however it is different when you are out there on the fields. People are different, attitudes are different, they are not thinking. So we need extra awareness when we are out there. It has to stop; it is hurtful when someone attacks you. This age we are living in, it is becoming really really personal. Then you see it happening out there in Spring season. Showing awareness every week. Doug you sending out something every week, having a huge blast to parents, please please be respectful, if you see something, say something. Go to the coaches, and keep having them blasts. I agree with CalSo Club thing because it is getting out of control. It has to stop.

Eric: The tools are there. If a parent curse at a Ref, it should be automatic kick out of the game, same goes for a child. We have 1100 families; we will not get 100% agreements or compliance. I am just hoping we can catch things before they escalate. Need more communication on this out. Anyone else?

Angela: I was going to wait on mentor part, but one of the things we have with mentor program is to support the referees with their first initial game. We need to help them recognize the level this is getting too. This is where we can say this may be a potential program or not. This is a topic we need to address phrases and tools they can use to the laws of the game to whoever is instigating the problem. Very important as mentors to help them, and support them before it gets out of hand. This is going to be a focus this season.

Eric: Awesome, anything else on this topic?

Mike: @ Eric or Angela any videos that are put on by soccer referees or organization like high school, pro etc. that shows this is acceptable behavior, this is where it gets boarder line, this is where the coach needs to put a lollipop in it.

Angela: Yes, I've actually been looking into this. CNRA of a webinar together of irresponsible behavior with specific tools, what you can do, and cannot and can terminate, the laws of the game. It is short and a training well worth it. It is something we want to use for mentor discussion. It is on my to do list.

Eric: I am absolutely sure Linda Kovar will look at that stuff and talk to you about it.

Mike: Go check email a few weeks back they sent out an email about needing referees. A video to tap into and what they have as a show and tell.

Angela... I was wanting it with AYSO background and support and have the back support Rodney, or Rod or Jon for mentor coaches put together presentation for our program using these resources as a guide.

Eric: Remember that were very lucky Rob is the direct of all High school referees and referees out here in AV. We have that resource out here. He took the referee course.

Eric: Anything else on this? This was good, thank you! none

TREASURE:

Eric: The profit/loss and balance sheet are up for you to look at. We have money, go ahead and review these if you have any questions ask Corey or I. They are available publicly on request. We had a lot of income coming in from early registration before July 1st. But now is when we start spending a lot of money because things start flowing. Palmdale charges us 6 months later. We already talked about Chase and that issue. We have been having some challenges with duty cards with Corey up and running with those. I recently found a trend glitch with the card system. Overall we have already done about \$50,000-\$60,000 of business. Master card to Visa which resolves some of these issues. It is making things better.

Any questions on the money? None

Eric: Did I miss anything? Lisa, I think we are up to date, Mel I think we are up to date on you, Mike are we up to date?

Mel: No, no you are not up to date.

Eric: What are we missing?

Mel: You still have referee class we missed. We ordered food for the referee class we missed. There was no way I could of canceled it, so we still have food, and breakfast. We have everything.

Eric: Okay, but you haven't turned it in yet?

Mel: No, I haven't, Because I still have to get more food.

Eric: I just wanted to make sure we did not have any outstanding.

Mel: Moving forward who do I turn them into?

Eric: Cory first, but I have to be the second signer for reimbursement. Electronic is fine, fill out the form, make sure you do milage on it.

Mel: you still have to have the receipts?

Eric: Yes, you do not have to keep the paper copy if you scan them in. Let's get them receipts in. Guidelines is once a month. Not a fan of scanned receipts from phones. I'll do better. Anything else on the money?

Nelson: tell me what's wrong scanning by phone? I scan from my phone all time and it is fine.

Eric: It's a personal preference. Sometimes it's too small, to large. etc. Anything else on money? none

REGISTRATION WORLD:

Eric: Kajsa what do you have for us?

Mike: @ Eric- Hey we have to jump off. We had 2 dogs go at it. Not much on registration stuff.

FACILITIES:

Mike: I am good. The shed is set up at MK. That will be done up this weekend.

Eric: Just to go over Registration really quick: registration we are still moving some teams around kids around off waitlist. We are about 1300/1350 kids total. We had our normal number of cancelations. We ended up with some teams with an extra player. But it is not anything worse than in the past.

COACH TRAINING/WORLD:

Doug: Angela and I had hosted a zoom parent interested in ref stuff. We had about 5/6 parents for the question/answer one. We may have another one before our big class on Sunday, September 25th will be the big one. The Referee refresher we had about 20/25 parents for that one. It went well, we had technology issues. There were quite a few new people I did not recognize. Games for Saturday we need 10 slots filled. Thursday night is not terribly worrisome, there's been Thursday Nights where we had 15 slots to fill. I will push again tomorrow. U10 and U12

Josh: @ Doug: Couple Comments: The event the new referee parent was out there at painting day. Encouraged she'll be out there for Referee. When signing up for games, is it on purpose we cap out at 3 spots a day?

Doug: I know there is a cap in place, but I have to ask Jon. When we open it up more people end up bailing on games. We shoot ourselves in the foot.

Josh: Maybe it can be user specific, you have certain people where you can open it up more too. Maybe you can have a certain level for certain people you know that will be there, or regulars.

Doug: I will look into it because there are a core group of us, about 15 of us who do more. 3 or 4 games a weekend. I will figure it out. Arbiter is not a friendly system.

Eric: It has to be a per person setting because I had more than my kids were allowed.

Nelson: I was trying to look at it, but filter is not present. Is it a setting, browser problem?

Doug: They just added a bunch of functionalities and I think it has caused more issue than it has solved. What filters are you talking about?

Nelson: By division, date, field, etc.? I would choose 3 games in a row in the same field, so I did not have to change around fields.

Doug: Only filter I use is this week's games.

Nelson: I went to unhide the filters, and it was blank.

Eric: Doug there should be some filtering here, maybe it is something we have to pay more for. Hopefully not.

Doug: On admin side I get these notices, we added some new functionalities. Short games on the fly, etc, but it should not affect the user side of things. I will reach out to them, but they are really not responsive. I'll reach out to them, but they are really not responsive.

Eric: Maybe we can put in a support ticket or something tomorrow. Anything else Doug?

Doug: No unless Angela wants to add mentoring updates? What is going on with ICE? I don't mind getting ice, I just do not know if it'll fit in my car. My little Jetta.

Eric: This might be where we need to do a little recruitment effort, reach out to our referees.

Lisa: I had a guy at field set up day he really wants to help with setting up fields or whatever. Maybe we can have him do it, weekly job. It seems like it would be a easy nice job to break off to someone.

Doug: What is the process? We just go over to Wienerschnitzel and load it up with ice? Friday night. Didn't you say Tim use to use one of them huge coolers in his car?

Eric: I don't know, maybe the trash bags. Take 2 white coolers fill up halfway it would be enough.

Robert: I think he use to fill them in trash bags then fill it in the ice chest.

Doug: I can do that, fill the yard waste bags up. I'll talk with Mike and do the ice, fill it up and drive it back over to the shed so it is there.

Eric: Mentoring side, Angela

MENTORING:

Angela: For this region/season we really wanted to reward/celebrate the club lines, center referees. We can remind them go to the tent and get your ticket to get a free sport drink, pin on the second game. Fill it out and we will follow up with information. Effort to have them join referees. I did have question regarding upper division: some of our players are putting band aids over their nose to cover up their nose rings. As far as safety, concerns, what is our best practice?

Eric: You tell them they have to remove the band aid.

Mel: You tell them, that is a safety thing, you have to tell them.

Lisa: What she is talking about during upper tournament we had girls covering it up. We can ask them if there is a ring under there, but we can not make them take it off if they say no. We can suspect, but we can not make them take the band aid off if they say no. If you see it you can tell them to take it off. But if you can not see it, you can not tell them to take it off.

Eric: You can tell them not to play.

Mel: It is safety, you can tell them to take it off.

Eric: You cannot let the kids get away with this because it is what they want. If it is a cut, they can just put another band aid on.

Mel: Here is a question: If there is a girl 12U with beads at the end: do we tell them they can not play?

Lisa: yes, they can be told they cannot play. We have done this in upper division. Linda said no black and white.

Angela: I don't know if a side note needs to go out to the coaches, reminder their players no jewelry, no beads, or any safety concerns.

Lisa: I will send out a message to the coaches about no jewelry, beads, hard things in their hair.

Angela: Other than that, I am really excited about this season and just help support our Referees, and ton of mentoring and supporting them.

Eric: Looking forward to hopefully being able to play this weekend. Hopefully we do not get rained out.

Doug: What is our weather policy again?

Eric: As long as it is safe, we can play. We would be shut down by the parks for the rain, faster then we would as AYSO. LP MK flood, mud pits. JW might be okay. Lightning and thunder, we can stop the games and clear the fields, and wait for it to pass or cancel and reschedule it. We have to be flexible. What I am worried about if it starts raining after midnight, they may already be shutting down the fields in the morning. We have rain date built in the schedule, 19th of November and make it all work.

Josh: is there a fast rule: if we hear thunder, or see lightning, referees stop the play?

Eric: If you are hearing and seeing, then shut it down. But if it's in the valley we have to shut it down, Victorville, no. Send everyone to their cars and see what we do. We will deal with it, common sense.

CVPA:

Nelson: thank you for helping with the fields. I know you set a date, September 25th, first GA possible games?

Eric: September 24th will be first one. We have 5 core games and 1 extra game. When we get to 6 games, we will have to use GA.

Nelson: I will get on slack when I need help to paint GA and get some help with that.

Eric: Whatever works, we have a few early birds as long as it does not leave JW high and dry.

Nelson: Field painting went great Friday, Saturday went smoothly.

Josh: There was a little issue with MKS with the field painting. The center circle is wrong- is bigger than it should be, and penalty mark is bigger than it should be. I have been feeling really bad about it. It was before I got the dimensions, so it is pretty big. When we repaint, it may look like a target. There will be extra kick off room for the first game.

Eric: The first few games are friendly don't worry about it.

James: I was apart of that too, but it's a really good circle. I have green paint I can bring and repaint that morning.

Eric: MKE was in the same position last year, don't feel bad. I still step it off with U12.

Mel: When is the next fingerprinting?

Eric: the way the volunteer fingerprinting comes back is green mean go, blue means youth, red means can't do anything, yellow means they can't be coaches but can-do other stuff, brown no financials. When people come back with a status you can contact sterling, but the office is not really dealing with disputes. We had a volunteer come in red and sent him an email about it, nothing we can do at region level. We do not know the reason and we cannot wave it. It is between sterling and the volunteer. They usually will get an email before we do.

Nelson: Was the coach talked to about the individual not being able to be assisting or be around the children.

Lisa: Yes, the coach was told.

Mel: Make sure they have that red or not. We need to know, some of them even went through the class and they were red.

Eric: We need to almost check daily to see if anyone is coming back not green. It has only been those 2. It is part of coach admin, safety director who can see volunteer statues. We have to go in and check it, we use to get emails.

Fingerprinting Sunday, September 18th 2:00pm – 5:00pm at MK. Same place as in May. I will release it online tomorrow. We will give QH volunteers first choice, then depending on numbers, we will open to other regions. We'll get the information out there, emails, website. Lisa and Doug through referees. We do not need anyone else showing up, just me- Eric. Unless we want to get Referee recruitment out, we won't need volunteer support.

Angela: Question on the fingerprinting: there were some questions about it not sinking, should they come again and redo it?

Eric: No, we need to create a list and send it to Nelson. He could confirm if it went through. We get billed for each one that comes through. If someone already completed it, they do not have to do it again. We can investigate at national office, sometimes it is a middle name, address change, etc.

Eric: Any other CVPA questions? none

VIP:

Mel: They are driving me crazy. with VIP Tournament none this season. Palmdale volunteered again for next season. So far so good. Who can do a blast?

Eric: Me, Gabe, and Lisa

Mel: I have a lot of little ones 5 and 6, all over the place. I need help with the little ones. Can I get permission to get buddy shirts?

Eric: Absolutely

Mel: We travel 3 times. You have those dates still?

Eric: Yes, they haven't changed right?

Mel: No

Lisa: How old do they have to be?

Mel: 10 and up, I rather like 12 and up. I have some paraclete girls coming out hopefully tomorrow.

Eric: On your schedule here Mel, the bigger kids are going to play at 11:00am.

Mel: When they go to Palmdale, they will play at 10:30am. Do you have referee coverage on the littles on the 9:30? No, but I'll do it. I'll let Palmdale do it. We are going to be starting over with littles, they are little. Little concerns with playing in the rain. We do not have our uniforms, that'll be a huge mess.

Eric: I know, Jill and I were talking about that earlier. Anything else Mel?

Mel: Nope

SCHOOLYARD AND PLAYGROUND:

Eric: The past few Wednesdays I've had parent meetings. I handed out 114 uniforms. First weekend was good, we had little over 100 families come out in 2 sessions. I think we are as prepared as we can be. We will be going 5 sessions straight, 8:00am to 2:30pm. I plan to bring out little cooler and ice for the UKI coaches each week. I have few families (7) that have not come to pick up uniforms, they need to come early and come to the JW tent to pick up. Other than that, it looks good.

Eric: Any questions? None

Eric: For Gabe: need to get Gabe working on tournament teams, try outs happen mid-October. I did talk to Judi will not be able to continue due to health and voice, and all that. We need to get moving on all that.

EXTRA:

Eric: 2 teams have started games on August 27th, all other teams are in play this weekend. We ended up with some Sunday schedules. We do not have that overload of games coming in. 11U, 12U, and 14U girls are away this weekend.

Eric: Goalkeeper: to start next week, 1 session general which will bigger, 2nd: more experienced session will be smaller. Some committed coaches dropped so I will have couple high schoolers come help out.

Eric: Storage box got delivered at MK. We have a cart too. Angela and Josh saw it out there. Mike has arranged with Palmdale to get the trailer emptied out and putting it into the box. As we get it set, we will get some directions and something to post on website so people can help with how to navigate it. We kind of have to go around the long with the cart, we have a cart, so we are just driving, no big deal.

Eric: I am putting an order in for GA nets, they will be in before the games on the 1st. Updates on JW- SE bank of lights headache after headache. Still having trouble with them, they are still out. I went in got fingerprinted for Westside School District and JW to get on campus. I can work with JW school and get electricians on to work on it. Should be next week, we kind of know where the problem is.

Eric: I sent Lisa on Oct. 28th JW is running an event, so Friday 28th cancel the practices for that night.

Eric: LA county LP1- don't freak out we will see lacrosse on the field. We will have 8:00am game then 11:00am game, it is planned. The gap will be Lacrosse clinic. Starting Oct. flag football and lacrosse after we are done, after 4:00pm. Left a couple fields empty for them. We are working with them, but they are the county and can kick us off. We are working with them. They are working around us. County has first priority. Reserved a space for picture day on September 24th. Other than that, everything is good with the Westside.

COACH ADMIN:

Lisa: Coaches going well. We lost 3 coaches after practices started. We were able to replace them. Final count 43 assistant coaches fully trained. We usually do not have that by this point in the season. We had great turn out for field set up. 124 teams, we had only 11 teams that did not send a volunteer. It was huge support. Extra teams sent out multiple volunteers out. Whoever is doing coach admin next year at this time, we always have way too many volunteers on Saturday. If you want to get your volunteer stuff done early, you can come Friday lower JW and upper JW field set up. We should extend it next year, open it up not just Saturday. Ex. Nelson on certain day can sign up for that day, have 4 volunteers that day. By 9:00am we were turning people away because we were done. Reach out and spread them around and not all on Saturday. I do have a Question: Coach boxes, what is the plan on them?

Kelli: Lisa, I have them. Kajsa shared the document with me. I caught the new coaches, so they were replaced.

Lisa: Do we have a plan how we are going to handle them this season, each week?

Kelli: That was one of my questions to ask for tonight.

Lisa: We would leave them in the box at JW and leave them.

Kelli: My plan was bringing them out every Saturday and pick them up Saturday afternoons and stuff them during the week.

Eric: Kelli and I produced lots of game cards. We both went to staples; we have thousands of game cards. 1 box MK, 1 box JW. Lock Boxes

Josh @ Kelli: In chat: 1 box needed for GA

Lisa: Another Question: How are we handling what games count for play offs? Coaches are asking.

Eric: It is per division. I will send it tomorrow with a general blurb. U10 and U12 first 3 weeks do not count. There are some teams that have double headers. 2-3 weeks to get ready. U14 every game will count, but they all go to play offs. In every pool it is different because of the teams. U12 is a little different. It will all work itself out. We will send all that out.

Lisa: Not if they don't get all their ref points. We have James who stepped up to work with the UKI trainers with coaches who have requested it. I have gotten good feedback with them. This Friday they are going out to work with our Friday coaches. After Friday they will go out do skills' clinics. Put a list together of what skills they want to cover in the clinics. Then open it up to region to sign up for these skills' clinics.

Eric: We do have the sign ups through the region if we want to use the sign ups there.

Lisa: Max number 16 to 1 ratio, 32 players cap. Will it be certain age group. I do not know.

Eric: That is up to you guys. It is a big difference with an 8 year and 13-year-old finishing.

Lisa: 5:00pm-to-8:00pm time log, younger kids earlier, and older kids later. When I get the list of topics we will create a way for them to sign up and take advantage of that. Coach shirts and assistant coach shirts ordered, hoping they would be here before pictures. Jill lacking confidence that they will not be here before picture day. We got our order in, all we can do. General Question: Field Set Up: do we have plan for set up for Saturday morning? Will MK be a little different since we have the cart?

Eric: Mike had to drop off, with Mike coaching U12 he will probably be an early bird and set up. Rod will spend most of the day over there. We just need to put it out there. Scott and I will be out there early at JW. We've had our regular crew out. Gabe and Lisa you will be gone with road games.

Lisa: Do people have enough keys to those locks, they have locks?

Eric: I do not know yet. In the meantime, we just did regular locks. We will have to get that information from Mike. We will post something up for sign-ups. We will try it again. Anything else Lisa?

Lisa: Nope I am done.

Angela: @ Lisa, I sent you a message about names of the volunteers that came to the field painting so I can keep track of them.

Lisa: I do not have any names; it was all kept from the coaches. I can contact them and get names. We really did not get names.

Nelson: In chat had to leave

Doug: @ Lisa: Can you get me the name of the volunteer for the ice man? Email me that.

Lisa: @ Doug: I will send you that.

Eric: Few more things. We'll do an update on sponsorships online. That is rolling. Gabe is not here; truck is good for week 1. Robert, do you have set up for what you need for Saturday?

Robert: I will have what I need for set up for Saturday. Do I need to bring my tables? The tables were in the trailer at Mike's house.

Eric: @ Robert: Reach out to Mike, coordinate with him. Might be good idea to bring out 1 extra folding table if you have it.

Robert: Worried about the ice chests. Looking at spot inside the track? Closest to where we set up for referee? Other question: Who is giving out the ticket for the snacks for referees?

Eric: @ Doug: I'm looking at you Doug

Doug: What we landed on was if you do 2 games- meal ticket (food truck) if you did 1 game- little snacks. Week 1 will be trial and error to see how it goes. It will be the same core people who do multiple games. I will have that info on Saturday. I'll write a list of who would be accountable. I do not know if you feel comfortable handing them out @Robert.

Mel: What if you write down their names and phone numbers and give it to Doug later?

Robert: But if what if I am not there?

Eric: There are 2 separate things. The food truck is on Gabe and Doug, the other is drink snack.

Doug: I will get with Gabe.

Eric: Robert will be in and out. Mel idea: just have a list. We will see how it goes.

Robert: @ Eric: Game on 9/17 VIP @ 9:30 in the morning, 1 game only scheduled is that correct?

Eric: Yes. We had a smaller number of teams who volunteered for VIP games.

Robert: We are ready to go!

Eric: Update from Jill: Uniforms have been a nightmare. Recovering from what was missed, things that were wrong, players moved around, adding couple players or coaches. Orders are 2 Weeks out, maybe more now, because everything is running behind on them. Most everyone will have their uniforms. The one problem is where someone needed a larger uniform. So, we may have some mismatch players out there. Just try to match the colors. Have pennies ready.

Mel: @ Eric: Are there any spring uniforms left?

Eric: They are at GA, have at them. Not sure on what sizes are left.

Mel: Maybe I can get those since we do not have our uniforms.

Lisa: @ Mel I can be there.

Mel: What time Lisa? I just feel bad, but I know there will be some complaints especially with the new parents.

Eric: I feel bad for Jill because of their mistakes, and parents who will complain. If we do not have them, we do not have them. It is hard to not take it personal.

Lisa: @ Mel I will get with you on the side and set up a time.

Purchasing: Eric: we got the box, the cart, the bow nets for goalkeeper academy and coach training have been delayed due to the card. They are on order but not here yet. But what we voted on is all here.

Eric: @ Corey do you have anything to add? We covered the books.

Corey: Just to keep with you on when I can start signing checks

Eric: I went as high as we can go.

Corey: I filled out some kind of agreement with Westside School District. There was something about \$8,000 is that for them for their maintenance?

Eric: It is for the fields for the entire year. They will send us an invoice for that at the end. Will probably be one of the first checks you'll do. The other invoices I got those covered.

Corey: I am ready to help! Just somewhat limited!

OPEN FLOOR:

Eric @ Josh: Other than loving 12 yards, do you have anything for us tonight?

Josh: No, I do not. I volunteered at the other park where the circles are the right size for the next 2 weeks, JW. I chatted to Kelli. There should be a 3rd lock box @ GA.

Eric: We will ask the Referees to bring them back to JW because it is only 1 game. If we do need it, I will pick up another one.

Kelli: I do have a question about the coach boxes: What time do they need to be there? Do I take them to each location and drop off somewhere?

Eric: Over the years it has been different. Some would drop it off at the JW box on Thursday or Friday when it was open. Josh would drive them early to each place. Whatever works best for you.

Kelli: That is what my plan was, come out Saturday morning and drop off the boxes. My son's game is at 8:00am at JW so we'll be out early.

Eric: Don't be afraid to ask for help. Whatever works for you.

Josh: Kelli, the way I would pick them up, they would somehow end up all in the box at JW, then mid-week I'd pick them up. Delivery everyone morning, then picking up later in the day.

Kelli: My only problem is who I could find to let me in mid-week to get in.

Mel: If you know someone, or get a message out, the last game of the day, a referee can bring the coach box and game card box back to JW.

Kelli: That would be a good idea too.

Eric: Good idea, because we need them brought back to JW anyway.

Angela: @ Eric: do you want board members in blue and yellow?

Eric: I would like everyone in their blue and gold to walk around. Be out there and available. When we are not doing ref duties, be present and answer questions.

Kelli: @ Eric how do I go about getting one?

Eric: We can put it out on slack, see how many need them, and get some ordered.

Corey: Lisa said she has some, 4 in stock. But needs to look at sizes.

Lisa: I will go look in the garage. But I think someone told me Sam will not do our shirts because they come out of the country or something like that. I ordered some extras last year.

Eric: Oh okay, I like the shirt, but I'm not tied to it.

Lisa: There was a region at the expo this year that had Hawaiian print shirts.

Eric: I am all over that. I have even researched that! Kelli did you have anything else for us?

Kelli: No, the couple questions I needed answered we discussed already.

Eric: Anyone else? none

Eric: We will keep tracking the forecast for Saturday, tomorrow. We may not know until Midnight and 6:00am Saturday. We'll roll with whatever happens. If not, we get one more week to get ready and add it in at the end.

Eric motion to end meeting at 9:37pm, Josh 2nd, and all were in favor, and we're out!

Eric: Wait, wait, wait, who is all here, (named off 9/8 of us), we're okay,

I make motion to approve:

Rocky Kovar: Area Director

Eric Dilger: Regional Commissioner

Corey Kimura: Regional Treasurer

Jill Gousman: Tournament Treasurer

Angela Meyers: Assistant Regional Commissioner

As account signers for our Chase accounts.

Corey 2nd it, all in favor vote- yes

Attendance:

Eric Dilger	Angela Meyers	Josh Barbosa
Doug Emert	Kelli Chavez Alcorta	Melanie Aguilar
Nelson Brown	Mike Courtial	Robert Contreras
Kajsa Courtial	Lisa Kimura	Corey Kimura
James Chaisson		

